Top Five Reasons Why Prequels Work – “Monsters University” Edition
- You know where the story ends. You just don’t know how it begins.
- You know to look for subtle references to the movie you’ve already seen.
- The ending to the prequel might leave satisfactory gaps for you to fill in yourself.
- You learn why enemies later became enemies.
- But you also learn why friends later became friends.
The good thing about writing your own book series is that, even if you think you’re finished with a story, a prequel can easily change your mind. Think what would happen if J.K. Rowling wrote HP prequels. I think the entire world would go bankrupt just trying to figure out what happened before the before.
At least we can dream.