10 Reasons Why a Day Without Writing is Okay
- It gives you more time to think about your story.
- Your characters might come up with a few good ideas while you’re on hiatus.
- Sometimes you just have to sleep on it….all day.
- Shockingly, coffee can’t fix everything.
- Your best writing comes after a short break.
- Writing every day would get boring.
- Sometimes you just can’t do it.
- But tomorrow will be different.
- And tonight you’ll have a really weird dream that will spark a completely new subplot you never would have thought of otherwise.
- You might decide taking breaks is much more effective than taking none at all.