1. It’s starting! It’s here! I hope it doesn’t suck.
2. They kept the opening scene! Even the dialogue!
3. Wait, that character looked different in the book.
4. Well, maybe I just pictured them different. Whatever.
5. Yessss that guy’s even more of a jerk than I remember.
6. I don’t remember if that happened in the book … I should have reread it before I saw the movie. Oh well.
7. No wait, I remember. This scene just happened in a different place in the book.
8. I kind of like how they did that. Good directing.
9. UGH STUPID DIRECTOR YOU RUINED THAT CHARACTER FOR ME.
10. I can’t decide if I hate what they did with this character or just the person they cast to play them.
11. MY FAVORITE SCENE PLAYED OUT EXACTLY AS I IMAGINED.
12. But that’s kind of been the best part of the whole movie and it’s almost over.
13. Wait, there might be another twist coming —
14. YES THEY KEPT THAT IN OMG
15. But they took out that other thing, why’d they cut that and leave that totally boring part?
16. I hope that character dies.
17. Wait, no I don’t — he turns good in the end.
18. Ah, there you go.
19. I still liked him better in the book though.
20. I could have written that dialogue better.
21. OK, maybe not, but come ON.
22. Oh no. I cried at this part in the book. Please don’t —
23. Nope I’m definitely crying
24. I didn’t bring tissues
25. Does anyone in this theater have a tissue?
26. Everyone’s crying someone has to have —
27. Ah, cool, a napkin works.
29. IT CAN’T BE OVER ALREADY! I’m not done taking notes!
30. Ugh, I’m so glad I saw that. I owed the book that much.
31. I wish they hadn’t changed so much … yet I’m glad they did?
32. Maybe the book and the movie are different enough that I’m allowed to like both as different pieces of art.
33. Nah, I still liked the book more.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a nine-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.