1. I’M SO EXCITED!
2. All right. Everything’s ready to go. I just have to start writing.
3. Maybe I’ll just check my email one more time first.
4. OK, I’m ready now. Wait … maybe I should grab a snack.
5. I have a lot of ideas. This shouldn’t be so hard.
6. Yes! I’m starting. This feels weird. I don’t think I prepared enough for this.
7. Should I really be doing this? Is this a mistake?
8. What about all the other projects I started but never finished?
9. But I’m SO EXCITED about this one!
10. Every writer feels like this at the beginning, right? Nervous, but, like, giddy?
11. If it doesn’t end up working out, that’s OK. I’ll never know if it’ll succeed unless I start writing.
12. OK. OK. I can do this. I CAN do this.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.