1. It only gets harder the longer you put it off.
2. Your excuses love to win. You don’t always have to let them.
3. Most people can push through 85% of their barriers if they just start writing.
4. You could start writing a future bestseller/viral hit today. You never know!
5. You like it.
6. Other people like it (or will someday).
7. Writing makes you whole.
8. It doesn’t matter how long it takes to get it done, as long as it gets done.
9. In the end, you’re the only one standing in your way.
10. You won’t enjoy the thing you do instead of writing as much as you would if you waited until after you finished writing.
11. You’ll regret not doing it.
12. And you’ll feel much better once you do.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.