1. Writing takes a lot of time.
2. Many of us have full-time jobs in addition to our writing endeavors.
3. Sometimes we go looking for inspiration and get lost.
4. Family is important.
5. Writers also read, and reading is enjoyable but time-consuming.
6. Sometimes we sit down to write but don’t actually start writing right away.
7. We have other interests besides writing. Like thinking about writing, talking about writing, and listening to other people talk about writing.
8. It takes many moments to select the perfect writing snack.
9. We get ideas in the middle of the night and we are extra sleepy most of the time.
10. Making coffee is more time-consuming than you might think. Especially when you forget to put in the coffee because of how sleepy you are and it comes out as hot water.
11. Procrastination also takes up a lot of hours.
12. We’re working on a lot of things at once and don’t always talk about it but we promise it’s happening and yes you can read it when it’s done!
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.