1. It’s the end of a long week and it can wait.
2. You’ll write it much better in the morning.
3. You just got a formal rejection and you need a second to breathe.
4. You need to focus on a different part of the publishing process, such as querying or editing.
5. You’re unwell. Mentally, physically, emotionally, all of the above.
6. Your family needs you.
7. A friend needs you.
8. Your fur/human babies need extra love.
9. You have to study/finish a project/focus hard on something for the time being.
10. A Big Life Event has become your temporary priority.
11. You just finished a big writing project and want to give your brain a rest.
12. You’ve been working hard. You just need a break. And you deserve one.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.
2 thoughts on “12 Times It’s OK to Put Writing Aside for a Minute”
Great post! It reassured me :)
This is so great to hear! Glad I could help.