1. It’s their job to clean up messes.
2. Their only goal is to take what you’ve done and help you make it better.
3. They’re not afraid to tell you everything you’re doing “wrong.”
4. But they’re good at making you feel better about the stuff you’re doing right.
5. Fixing random typos counts as being productive instead of being a distraction.
6. Their attention to detail is just annoying enough to be useful!
7. They can help you avoid repeating mistakes.
8. They have the patience to reread the same paragraph 50 times to make sure it sounds right.
9. They would spend hours on a project to make sure it was as close to perfect as possible.
10. But they can also work quickly (and do a great job) when meeting tight deadlines.
11. Most of them actually enjoy their jobs.
12. You need us. HIRE USSSSS
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.