1 OK. I’m just going to sit down at my computer. An idea will come to me if I do that. Right?
2. No? Great. I should try listening to my favorite song.
3. Oops I listened to it on repeat five times. I still don’t have any ideas.
4. A walk! I should clear my head with a walk.
5. I never made it past the couch. Can I write about that? Eh.
6. I’m not hungry. I’m not that tired. I don’t think at least? what is wrong with me?
7. I should just start trying to write something. Anything. But I … can’t.
8. I will literally write about anything. I JUST NEED ONE STUPID IDEA.
9. Oh look a cat video! Oh look another cat video!
10. ARGH. I thought that would help. It did not.
11.`Why does this even happen? How am I supposed to get any writing done when I can’t think of anything to write about?
12. AHA! I CAN WRITE ABOUT NOT KNOWING WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT. MISSION COMPLETE.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.