1 A coupon for a guilt-free day of no writing. Just one. That’s all we need.
2. Tickets to hear our favorite author/writer speak, go to a live show, etc.
3. Snacks. Our favorite snacks. Please?
4. Read a thing we wrote!
5. Buy a thing you wrote even if you don’t want to read it!
6. Pens. For some reason we really like pens.
7. Gift cards to bookstores are more meaningful than you might think!
8. Gift cards to coffee/tea shops. Or just take us out to one. Let’s talk.
9. A few months of a subscription to a book delivery or similar service.
10. Blank journals/notebooks/paper. Just paper. It can be ugly paper, just give us paper.
11. One distraction, interruption-free afternoon to do some deep-focused writing.
12. Just tell us we’re doing OK and give us a hug. It’s a tough work environment. We could use some extra love every now and then. :)
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.