1. Finish something. It can be big or small. Complete and celebrate!
2. Decide on something you’re going to work on starting January 1.
3. But don’t start working on it yet! Practice patience.
4. Set a new long-term writing challenge for yourself.
5. Then break that large goal into much smaller pieces.
6. Get or create a notebook or space to jot down and house your ideas on-the-go.
7. Choose something writing-related you’re going to do less of this year.
8. Then choose something you’re going to do more of.
9. Look back on all you’ve accomplished.
10. Choose a reward you can earn for achieving writing-related milestones throughout the upcoming year.
11. Give yourself a break. You deserve it!
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.