1. We’re perfect at spelling and grammar.
2. We don’t have “real” jobs.
3. We’re lazy.
4. We prefer not to be social and would rather sit alone writing.
5. They can’t talk to us about anything except writing.
6. We only want to talk about our work.
7. We never have to worry about money.
8. We all write/want to write books.
9. We’re difficult to work with.
10. We have time to read/critique/edit their manuscripts [for free].
11. If they don’t have an idea for a story, we can give them one of ours.
12. Our work is “easy.”
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.