1. All of a sudden, finishing sentences is the hardest thing you
2. Wait hold on how did you get on Twitter? Weren’t you just writing five seconds ago?
3. You get more coffee? No, if you have any more coffee your heart is going to malfunction. WRITE.
4. Everything starts feeling like it’s taking twice as long to accomplish.
5. You keep spelling words wrong.
6. You have spelled that one word wrong 20 different ways.
7. That word doesn’t even look or sound like a word anymore.
8. You start getting distracted WAY more easily than usual.
9. You’re really hungry for some reason?
10. You would much rather be doing literally anything else.
11. But you also know that crawling into bed having successfully completed your work for the day will feel a thousand times more satisfying.
12. So you keep writing, knowing this is temporary, hoping it will all pay off someday soon.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.