1. You’ve had the same story stuck in your head for a LONG time and you just need to get it out.
2. You are not a quitter! You are too headstrong for that! NOPE! NOT YOU!
3. YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO FINISHING YOUR CURRENT WORK IN PROGRESS!
4. You … you really, really kind of like it??!
5. You actually want this to be your job and you’re willing to do whatever it takes to make sure it happens.
6. This is what makes you who you are. You aren’t you when you’re not writing.
7. You may not have the kind of support system you feel you really need right now, but you know there are still people out there who love what you are doing and want you to succeed.
8. You love it, even when it is not easy.
9. Your days simply would not be the same without Making Words Happen.
10. You know your words can serve as a voice for those who are trying to be heard.
11. You’re good at it, and you are getting a little better every day.
12. You know you have a long way to go, but you know it will be worth it every step of the way.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.