1. Finish writing a book, even if you close it out and never look at it again after that.
2. Self-publish a book just so it’s easier to share with your family and friends (because why not?).
3. Get an article published on your favorite fan site or blog.
4. Network with other writers/online creators — make friends!
5. Write a story you are unapologetically proud of!
6. Work for a magazine or online media company as a staff writer.
7. Become a full-time freelancer in a field you’re genuinely interested in.
8. Start a blog about a subject you absolutely love.
9. Retell your version of your favorite story just because you love it THAT much.
10. Teach other people about writing, productivity, and storytelling.
11. Share your overall love of writing and stories with the world.
12. Wake up every morning knowing you’re going to write today, and love the fact that you can.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is an editor and writer, and a 12-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food, and Star Wars.
2 thoughts on “12 Writing Ambitions That Aren’t ‘Becoming a Bestselling Author’”
All great reasons to write.
Am on No. 1.