1. There are a lot of people out there sharing their words. Not all of them have found their own unique voices yet to help them stand out. Keep writing, and you will find yours.
2. Find a cause/topic you genuinely care about and let your passion for it shine through the words you write. Words become magical when they’re written truly from the heart.
3. Choose an audience you feel you can connect with. Words read differently when people know they have something in common with the person who wrote them.
4. The only way to learn how to do better is by doing. Failure is an opportunity to grow.
5. Just because a reader doesn’t reach out to you doesn’t mean they weren’t affected by your words.
6. Even if you only make one small change in one person’s life, that still counts as something.
7. Your words matter more if they matter to you.
8. The more time you spend writing, the more fulfilling it becomes.
9. Whatever kind of difference you hope to make, it’s not going to happen in a day. These things take time.
10. You may just be one person. But you and your words CAN change the world, a little bit at a time.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is an editor and writer, and a 12-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food, and Star Wars.