Even though this blog will continue posting as normal about the usual topics during this time, I just want you to know that no matter who you are, even if I don’t know you, you matter to me. I’m doing everything I can to amplify the voices that need to be heard right now on the appropriate platforms. Stay safe. Keep going. And take care of yourself.
And please consider being part of the solution.
1. Did I actually write the scene that’s in my head or is it still just … in my head?
2. I don’t want to kill off my favorite character. So that probably means I have to. (Sigh.)
3. Oh no. What if I never get published? What if I never make it? What if …?
4. Is it still cliche to include dream sequences in books? Because that was a GREAT dream.
5. I want limitless energy for a day so I can just write nonstop for 24 hours. Would that be terrible? Probably? I still want it???
6. ANOTHER NEW STORY IDEA? BUT WHY? I HAVE SO MANY.
7. A NEW STORY IDEA! IT’S BEEN SO LONG … when can I start??
8. I haven’t accomplished what I thought I would have by now. Am I a failure?
9. I need more writer friends.
10. Someday I’m going to do (thing x). I just hope “someday” isn’t too far away.
11. I hope so-and-so doesn’t think I based that one character off of them. I didn’t! Not completely.
12. You know? I really wish my characters would just shut up already and let me sleep.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is an editor and writer, and a 12-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food, and Star Wars.