1. I’m telling a story that someone, somewhere, needs to hear. I won’t let them down.
2. All the things I’d rather be doing right now will still be there when I’m done writing.
3. I’m doing the hard work. The hard work is how success happens. This is progress.
4. These words are important. They will matter to someone. They aren’t useless.
5. I’m working on a project you’re not particularly thrilled about, but this is just a step I have to take to get to do more of the projects I do want to work on.
6. I am writing right now so I can improve and keep writing better things.
7. I’ll enjoy watching that show much more if I wait until my writing is done before I do. :)
8. If I write today, I will be a better writer tomorrow than I am right now.
9. Writing is my dream. If I don’t do it now, it will never become my reality.
10. I am a writer. It’s not always easy, but it’s what I do. This is no time for giving up.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is an editor and writer, and a 12-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food, and Star Wars.
3 thoughts on “10 Essential Mantras to Get You Through a Difficult Writing Session”
Sometimes it’s hard to convince myself of mantra #4, but #8 really blew my mind. Thanks for sharing!
I needed this 💜
Reblogged this on Author Don Massenzio and commented:
Check out this useful post from the Novelty Revisions Blog with 10 Essential Mantras to Get You Through a Difficult Writing Session