1. You have too many ideas and might need to slow down, take a deep breath, and pick just one.
2. You procrastinated AGAIN come on you can do better than this!
3. You’ve already done a ton of writing recently and your brain just needs a rest.
4. You’re afraid it won’t be “good enough.”
5. You just have a lot going on in general. It happens. You’re a person with a lot of things to deal with.
6. You’re afraid of failing.
7. You’re afraid of being judged.
8. You genuinely want to do well. Because you care about your readers and what they want/need.
9. You also want to be a better writer today than you were yesterday.
10. You either don’t have a writing goal, your goal isn’t clear enough, or you have too many of them (guilty).
11. You’re obsessing over the big picture when it’s OK to focus just on what you need to do today.
12. You’re excited! That can be overwhelming too. It’s OK to be excited. Just take some deep breaths and get back to writing soon.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is an editor and writer, and a 12-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food, and Star Wars.
2 thoughts on “12 Reasons You’re Feeling Too Overwhelmed to Write”
Reblogged this on Author Don Massenzio and commented:
Check out this post from the Novelty Revisions blog with 12 Reasons You’re Feeling Too Overwhelmed to Write