1. You make plenty of time for “just thinking.” Usually in a quiet place. Alone.
2. You have the kind of commute that allows for plenty of sitting and scrolling through social media.
3. You’ve read so. Many. Writing. Books. SO MANY.
4. You still eat dinner at an actual table? With other people? Every night???
5. You’re rewatching that show AGAIN? Good for you!
6. You post a lot on your socials about how much more writing time you wish you had.
7. You spend more time lying in bed in a dialogue with your ideas than you do in front of your laptop.
8. You love telling everyone about your latest, greatest story idea. In excessive detail.
9. You’ve designed multiple book covers for books you haven’t written yet.
10. You’ve mapped out, in impressive and time-consuming detail, exactly when you’re going to write in the limited space you have.
11. You know how all your stories are (eventually) going to end.
12. You’re reading this post. (Just kidding. I’m glad you’re here. Now go write.)
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is an editor and writer, and a 12-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food, and Star Wars.