1. Not setting a designated time/place/day to write.
2. Not giving yourself an end goal for every writing session.
3. Not even trying to write something.
4. Waiting until you find the perfect app/gadget/writing space.
5. Waiting for a better idea to come along.
6. Waiting until “everything settles down.”
7. Waiting … just waiting.
8. Deciding what you’re going to write after you sit down to start writing.
9. Turning to social media for inspiration.
10. Using “I can’t write about this, it’s too ___” as an excuse.
11. Saying “I’ll do it tomorrow when I’m feeling refreshed” … again.
12. Reading random people’s blogs for inspiration instead of writing. :)
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.