1. I forgot how to write. Yep. I have no idea how to do it. What?
2. Bestselling author? Who’d want that??
3. Writing is hard, dude.
4. Sometimes I almost finish books and then I just abandon them and start new ones. I hear it’s a common issue.
5. I DON’T WANNA.
6. The Green Brothers keep writing books and stealing my spot.
7. It’s taking so long because GENIUS CAN’T BE RUSHED.
8. I have this procrastination problem? I’m thinking of seeing someone about that.
9. Oh, I also have this problem where sometimes all my fingers spontaneously break and then magically heal.
10. I’m almost done!
11. I’m secretly a bestselling author under a pen name? No I can’t tell you what it is??
12. I’ll let you know when I’m close. I’ll get there someday, I promise. :)
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.
7 thoughts on “12 Things to Tell Your Family When They Ask (AGAIN) Why You’re Not a Bestselling Author Yet”
Haha! Too funny!
Very funny! We all need to laugh every day. Some of my family learned of my writing, and they politely said . . . Oh really!
Love this!! I’ve gotten some comments about my choice in major (I study creative writing) and totally agree that humor is the best way to shut down a weird situation!!
Reblogged this on Author Don Massenzio and commented:
Check out this great post from the Novelty Revisions Blog with 12 Things to Tell Your Family When They Ask (AGAIN) Why You’re Not a Bestselling Author Yet
This is great! Thank you!
Reblogged this on Loleta Abi.
All great options!