1. Call them names for some reason. Like, why not?
2. Assume things about them you couldn’t possibly know are true.
3. Point out every little flaw in their work. Go ahead. It’ll be fun.
4. Find a way to disagree with them on everything. After all, you must know more than they do on every subject.
5. Base your comments off the title of their work without reading any further.
6. Use big words. You’ll totally impress them and show them how smart you are.
7. If you can’t say something nice, keep tweeting.
8. Attack their friends. Their family. Their fur children. Somehow, they probably deserve it.
9. If they don’t respond, YELL LOUDER.
10. Go on reading and criticizing them/their work. Hey, at least you’re giving them pageviews.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.